Calcium is an essential mixing element for every animal species. In addition to the basic fodder, the requirements of individual species call for the addition of Calcium carbonate to the feed ration.
Products used in different applications have a wide range of particle sizes, with high purity ensured and an established quality management system in place.
Calcium plays many essential roles in animal and poultry nutrition:
- Proper development of bones and teeth
- Regulation of heartbeat and blood clotting
- Muscle contraction and nerve impulses
- Enzyme activation and hormone secretion
- Eggshell formation and quality
- Reproductive functions (uterine retraction)
- Milk production
Good animal nutrition forms the basis for good human nutrition – and the same also applies to safety. Feed safety ensures added food safety, which is why we use state-of-the-art systems:
- GMP+ (Internationally)
- FEMAS (UK)
- Q+S (Germany)
- OVOCOM (Benelux countries)
At Omya, we care about the whole safety chain, taking into account all the processes from mining and production to transport and warehousing.