Filling polypropylene with up to 60 % calcium carbonate is a proven solution for running polypropylene on existing polystyrene thermoforming machinery with a comparable line performance and end-product quality.
The use of calcium carbonate in PS products is also very popular, modifying both the mechanical performance and processing output.
The main benefits of using Omya calcium carbonate in thermoforming include:
- Higher extruder output and faster cooling on chill roll
- Reduced cooling time in mold and faster cycles
- Higher stiffness
- Lower shrinkage
- Processing on existing PS thermoforming machinery
- More isotropic physical properties
- Improved forming accuracy
Link to access Safety Data Sheets
For further information, please use our contact form