As a good corporate citizen, Omya recognizes its responsibility, consistent with its business objectives, to respond to the needs of the communities in which it operates. This responsibility is demonstrated through financial, in-kind, and volunteer contributions to the communities in which Omya has operations.
2. The Vermont Donations Committee
The Vermont Donations Committee (the “Committee”) was formed by and with employees to consider contribution requests. The Committee decides which requests most closely fulfill Omya employees’ interests and community needs, while remaining consistent with business objectives. The Committee meets on the second Tuesday of each month to review and decide upon requests.
Donations are supported primarily in the following categories:
- Children, youth, and student programs
- Community initiatives
- Humanitarian efforts
Priority will be given to requests from organizations which have Omya employees actively involved as board members, volunteers at community events or organizations.
Priority will also be given to requests which provide meaningful recognition and visibility opportunities for Omya and its employees.
- Organizations must be designated tax-exempt non-profit organization as defined under Sections 501(c) (3) and 170(b) of the IRS Code.
- Organizations must request a specific amount of funds, and state the intended use of the monies.
- Organizations must use the funds to directly benefit those living and working in Rutland and/or Addison Counties.
4. Limitations and Exclusions:
Omya generally will not fund the following types of requests:
- From individuals
- Contributions to religious organizations
- Contributions to political candidates
- Contributions to organizations that have already received a donation from Omya within the calendar year
5. Requesting a Contribution
The Committee meets on the second Tuesday of each month to review and decide upon requests. Requests must submitted using the online donations form by the first Monday of the month. Requests received late will be placed on the following month’s agenda.