Development and Implementation of Process Improvements for Existing and Capital Projects. The goals are: to minimize impact on existing production, utilize existing and state-of-art technologies and rapidly execute plans, to the ends of expanding or enhancing process performance.
- Design process flow sheet with enough detail that Engineering can develop piping and instrumentation diagrams for all capital projects.
- Review process design and project objective with Project and Automation groups to communicate operational issues and provide processing insight.
- Generate operating/startup/shutdown procedures on new or existing process equipment. Attend project meetings for commissioning new installations.
- Troubleshoot existing installations to rapidly resolve problems, which are limiting production.
- Evaluation of new process equipment and the development of products as they are introduced into the plant - both for existing and new products.
- Maintain a strong relationship with Maintenance group to review systems and data toward developing preventive and corrective schedules to improve equipment availability.
- Solicit equipment quotations as necessary to develop Capital Asset Request
- Encourage safe work practices with a strong focus on good housekeeping.
- Be aware of environmental impacts and take corrective action when problems are observed by notification of appropriate personnel.
- Presentation of projects to management, customers (internal and external) for training aspects, sale of idea, or persuasion of issue.
- Stay current with the latest production techniques, within Omya and industry, as they apply to the emerging production lines
- Other duties as assigned.
BS in Engineering. Minimum of seven plus years as an engineer or equivalent. Previous mineral processing experience preferred. Project Engineering experience preferred. Must have hands-on work ethic to troubleshoot and operate equipment. Must be knowledgeable in the use of computers associated with this position. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to deal with frequent interruptions and prioritize jobs, concentrate for long periods on complex problems and provide service to many different levels of the organization (plant floor, customer service, senior or executive management).
Capable of spending 50% of time walking or standing in a multi-level facility (frequently with limited access). Understanding that exposure to noise, dust and extreme climatic conditions are required.
Must possess current US employment authorization; sponsorship not available for this position.