Maintenance Reliability Engineer
Work closely with the plant management team to increase equipment availability and maintain equipment capabilities. Work to continuously improve equipment reliability through inspections and PdM activities. Assist with planned mechanical and electrical maintenance activities (repairs, modifications and replacements), which includes the following functions:
- Field investigation
- Develop the design (drawings, sketches, pictures), bill of materials, scope of work, special installation instructions.
- Solicit information from vendors and contractors for parts, equipment and prefabrication
- Work scope will range from small scale work orders, small to medium sized maintenance projects and large scale maintenance outages.
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices to achieve a zero (0) lost time injury record.
- Perform work duties in accordance with Quality System Manual and JTA (job task analysis) procedures. Ensure consultants and contractors also comply.
- Implement and optimize preventive, predictive and other pro-active maintenance programs within the plant, with the objective of ensuring plant operations remain in a high state of uptime and reliability.
- Maintain continuous dedication to the optimal utilization of the CMMS (SAP) and the maintenance planning function to continuously improve plant operations reliability and efficient use of maintenance resources.
- Perform engineering studies/projects which include:
- Field investigations to fully understand work requests and determine root causes.
- Research alternatives to select appropriate corrective measures (which may differ from the original request)
- Develop or acquire all documentation necessary to execute the work including drawings or sketches, scope documents, quotations, requests for information (RFI's). bills of material, special installation instructions and time schedules.
- Utilize external resources including vendors, engineering consultants and contractors for information and means of execution for various aspects of the preparation process.
- Ensure proper fit, form and function of all materials, prefabrications and equipment by overseeing design work, monitoring prefabrication progress and inspection of allocated/requisitioned parts, tools and materials.
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for allocation and requisitioning of parts, tools, materials and external labor. Query work orders, review status and change status when appropriate.
- Assist Maintenance Managers and in preparing area maintenance budget.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for cost reduction and/or productivity improvements with regards to Maintenance activities.
- Prepare monthly reports on maintenance activities, identifying and utilizing meaningful and clearly quantifiable KPI data.
- Live the Omya values: Perseverance, Courtesy, Modesty, Integrity.
- Must have strong communication skills including reading, sketching, comprehension, listening, written and oral communications.
- Must have highly developed “people skills". Must be able to work effectively with others and have the skills to organize individuals into a strong team. Maintain a positive work environment and actively seek collaboration and team-building in the execution of continuous improvement activities.
- Must be familiar with applicable MSHA/OSHA Safety Standards.
- Must have fundamental knowledge of industrial mechanical, process and electrical equipment including, but not limited to, the following: piping, materials selection, hydraulic/pneumatic systems and power distribution.
- Must be able to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics, including P&ID's. Must be computer literate. Must be familiar with applicable codes including, but not limited to NFPA, NEC, ISA and UBC.
- Must have a strong understanding regarding the operation/maintenance of mineral processing equipment. Must be able to plan, schedule and determine the proper direction from multiple priorities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
A bachelor's degree in mechanical, industrial or electrical engineering, plus five years' experience in industrial plant maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (Experience in mineral processing is preferred as well as cross disciplined exposure: electrical and mechanical). Strong SAP background. Strong organizational skills, computer literacy, and familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) preferred. CMRP designation preferred.
Must possess current US employment authorization; sponsorship not available for this position.