Senior Sales Representative - Polymers
Responsible for all sales activities of Calcium Carbonate, and distribution products in the Northeast Region (NY, NJ, PA, MD, DE) focusing on the Polymer market segment. Manage quality and consistency of product and service delivery.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-ups.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, and follow-up.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, etc.
- Assist in follow-up for collection of payment.
- Assist in coordinating shipping of merchandise and scheduling of services.
- Provide on-the-job training to new sales employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of experience in sales and distribution, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training is required.
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills as well as presentation skills to persuade and influence others are required. Must be adept at negotiation and customer service.
Must have a solid knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques and a thorough understanding of the industry is required.
Willingness to travel up to 50% and work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends, and occasional overnight travel. Must possess a valid driver's license.
Must possess current US employment authorization; sponsorship not available for this position.