New Zealand Process Engineer
Job main responsibilities
- takes cares for full process starting from input to requirements to mine planning considering the different raw materials, sampling and rest of ongoing production to ensure only the materials are used to achieve the necessary specification (according to products fit for purpose) and production and minimise the use of raw material with limited long-term availability.
- Responsible for all lab equipment and management of test results and reporting.
- Managing customer complaints and monitoring, reporting and improvement of production processes and environmental matter.
- Heavily contribute to continuous improvement and related projects.
- Perform operations related tasks in SAP to support other plant functions.
- To be developed into future management roles within Omya operations
Candidate profile requirements
- Engineering degree in Mining, Geology or Processing
- 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Understanding of mineral processing
- Principal understanding of Omya's lab equipment. Training will be provided in all operational and maintenance requirements and the incumbent is expected to acquire deeper knowledge and understanding of the methods and the equipment.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal / communication skills and understanding of different cultures / work environments
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Training will be provided for SAP operation (production and maintenance) and the incumbent is expected to master the skills within one year.
- Ability to find solutions, achieve objectives and drive tasks to completion
- Continuous improvement process knowledge
- Very good command of spoken and written English